How much do your videos cost?
Every project is a custom quote, but most of our videos cost between $5,000 – $8,000. The main cost drivers are:
- Pre-production – story development, script writing, and location scouting.
- Production – days of filming, crew size, and equipment
- Post-production – video and audio editing, graphics, and music licensing
Other factors that affect cost are, voiceover recording, actors, motion graphics design, travel, specialty equipment rental, hair and makeup artist, wardrobe and location fees.
How long does it take to create a video?
The average time from start to finish is 2-4 weeks. The longest part of every project is usually the pre-production stage. This is because we take our time to plan as much as we can before we start filming.
What kind of cameras do you use?
We use all Canon 4K cameras. They allow us to capture in the cinematic framerate of 24p all the way up the 60p for epic slow motion.
My video will be on social media and YouTube, why is 4K important?
While we film in 4k, we deliver most of our videos in HD. The reason is that 99% of the video we produce ends up on social media, YouTube, or websites, and 4K is overkill. Having 4K source footage gives more flexibility in the editing process for recomposing images, and if you ever want the video to be 4k in the future, you have that as an option.
I'm not sure if having a story for my business video applies.
Not every video needs a story, but there are compelling reasons to include storytelling in your video if possible.
Stories are a powerful way to connect with people on an emotional level, and they can be used to convey information in a more memorable and engaging way.
Here are some of the benefits of using stories in business videos:
- Stories can help you connect with your audience on an emotional level. When people hear a story, they are more likely to feel empathy for the characters and to understand the message that the story is trying to convey. This can help you build trust and rapport with your audience, which can make them more likely to do business with you.
- Stories can help you make your information more memorable. When people hear a story, they are more likely to remember the information that is contained in the story. This is because stories are processed differently by the brain than other types of information. When you tell a story, you are essentially creating a mental model of the event that is happening. This mental model helps you to remember the information that is contained in the story.
- Stories can help you make your information more engaging. People are more likely to pay attention to and remember information that is presented in a story format. This is because stories are more interesting and engaging than other types of information. When you tell a story, you are essentially creating a journey for your audience. This journey can be exciting, funny, sad, or thought-provoking. Regardless of the emotion that you are trying to evoke, stories can help you to keep your audience engaged.
If you are looking to create business videos that are effective and engaging, then you should consider using stories. Here are some tips for creating business videos with stories:
- Start with a strong hook. The first few seconds of your video are crucial for grabbing your audience’s attention. Start with a strong hook that will make them want to keep watching.
- Keep your story simple and to the point. People have short attention spans, so don’t try to tell too much of a story in your video. Keep it simple and to the point.
- Use visuals to help tell your story. Visuals can help to make your story more engaging and memorable. Use images, video, and animation to bring your story to life.
- End with a call to action. Tell your audience what you want them to do after watching your video. Do you want them to visit your website? Donate to your cause? Buy your product? Make sure to tell them what you want them to do.
By following these tips, you can create business videos that are effective and engaging.
I don't see a sample video for my kind of business. Should that concern me?
Not at all. Regardless of industry, our approach to video production and storytelling is the same. We work with you to clarify the business problem your video is trying to solve and create the messaging based on the traditional conflict – resolution story structure. This story structure is used in almost every movie you have seen and a time tested approach used to engage your viewers.
What is a documentary-style video?
A documentary-style video is a type of video that tells a story about real people or events. It is often used to inform, educate, or entertain viewers. There are many different types of documentary-style videos. Some of the most common types include:
- Interview-based: Interview-based documentary style videos feature interviews with people who are knowledgeable about the topic being discussed.
- Narrated: Narrated documentary style videos feature a voiceover that tells the story.
- Combination: Combination documentary style videos use a combination of interviews, narration, and other footage to tell the story.
What are the benefits of using professional talent for business videos?
There are many benefits to using professional talent for business videos. Here are a few of the most important ones:
- Professional talent has the experience and skills to deliver the results that you want. They know how to project their voice, how to use facial expressions and body language to communicate effectively, and how to deliver lines in a natural and believable way.
- Professional talent is confident and comfortable on camera. They know how to handle themselves in front of the camera and how to project an image that is consistent with your brand.
- Professional talent can help you to create a more polished and professional-looking video. They know how to work with the video crew and how to follow direction. This can help to ensure that your video is of the highest quality.
- Professional talent can help you to save time and money. They can help you to avoid the time and expense of training your own employees to be on-camera talent.
If you are serious about creating business videos that are effective and engaging, then you should consider using professional talent. They can help you to create a video that is sure to make a positive impression on your audience.
Here are some additional benefits of using professional talent for business videos:
- Professional talent can help you to create a more authentic and relatable video. When people see someone who is professional and experienced on camera, they are more likely to trust them and believe what they are saying.
- Professional talent can help you to reach a wider audience. When you use professional talent, your video is more likely to be seen by people who are not familiar with your company or brand.
- Professional talent can help you to increase your brand awareness. When people see your video, they will be more likely to remember your company and what you do. This can lead to increased sales and revenue.
Do you offer 3D animation?
No, we don’t offer 3D animation services. We do offer basic 2D motion graphics including animated text and shapes.
Are we able to make revisions to the videos?
Yes, we usually include two-three rounds of revisions during the editing process. Ideally, when you see the first submission of the video it should match the pre-production plan very closely. If we have planned well, there shouldn’t be any surprises the first time you see the video.
Who owns the copyright of the video?
Once the project is complete and we deliver the final approved video, we transfer all copyrights over to you. Most of our work agreements are “work for hire” agreements. You can read more about them at LegalZoom.